To help spur my weight loss goal, I spent my entire paycheck on dresses! I’m thinking I wanna get the pink/green one in a different pattern; the one I picked is not so flattering. There’s something about new clothes that makes me wanna lose weight.. Please excuse my messy room.
This past week has been crazy! I am not going to weigh in because what’s the point? What, with all the christmas parties and get togethers. It has been super difficult to stick to a healthier diet when my only options are cookies and soft drinks. However, I have been eating in (what I believe to be) moderation.
I would like to pat myself on the back for my gym involvement! Everyday I have gone to the gym and (at the very least) ran 3 miles. Every other day I try to either 1. cross-train (add more cardio) or 2. do strength classes. I’ve been having some problems with a pinched nerve in my right foot; it is beginning to cause me so much pain when I run. But honestly, it’s nothing 800 mg of Ibuprofen can’t fix!
Next week I’ll weigh in and we’ll all be able to see my progress.
- The proper activity done a few minutes before eating can encourage food calories to get shuttled into the muscle cells, before it has a chance to get stored as body fat.
- Increases insulin sensitivity and burns some extra calories.
Air squats are the best option out there for a quick workout before meals.
Read more about it in Tim Ferris’s book “4 hour body”.
By rebloging this I accept this challenge, and I will do my best to accomplish it.
Count me in.
Some thoughts about my current goals:
1. There are a lot of obstacles and barriers in my way that I never realized. Especially since its the holiday season, there is too much extra eating going on. Last night I went to a party and I ate soo much! I skipped dinner on accident; do those things cancel out? I ate like a million cookies, but I never ate dinner. Hmm. And to make matters worse (and better), my sister brought over a huge loaf of gingerbread.
2. Yesterday, I went to the gym in the afternoon. I usually never go to the gym after noon because it’s too crowded (and I really would rather not run into anyone I know) and I get tired later in the day.
I went yesterday and I’m glad I did! I ran at a faster pace than I normally do. Starting tomorrow I am upping my workout regime! Starting with running for 30 minutes then a barbell class. Hopefully everything works out. Strength + cardio daily (good idea?)
3. I work at Tutti Frutti, a place for self-serve frozen yogurt. When I work, I usually eat candy and other sugary toppings, but that ends TODAY. I’m going to tell the person I’m working with to hold me accountable. Eating candy at work has contributed to my weight gain. I’m ready to change my eating habits -ie adding more healthy foods, taking out foods high in fat and refined carbs.
To go along with not eating food thats “not part of a meal”, I am starting today making healthier food choices FOR my meals.